Sunday, December 18, 2011

When the Whole World is Against You

WOW It has been a while! It has been just over a month since I last posted.

A lot has happened since then. Life certainly takes you for twists and turns that you don't expect. Its not like it was one thing, rather a conglomeration of garbage that just kept piling up.

Last month Elissa was starting her transition to working with me full time and quitting her job. Her scheduled end date was right around Thanksgiving which was also the busy time of the month for my job. This coupled with Elissa's vehicle that broke down 2 hours from home at 4pm the night before Thanksgiving and the fact that we need two vehicles for work compounded the issues. A week later my car had to get fixed and we weren't planning on that. A few weeks later we ended up having to put winter tires on my car because my others were bald. Around 2 weeks ago we had a dog get sick, and had to send her to the vet to eventually put her down. Put that on top of sickness and various other Christmas activities, and it certainly would seem like the entire world is against you.

All in all, I think we spent around $4000 in unexpected expenses last month, so that bit into the savings and bummed us out quite a bit. Nothing seemed to go right at all. We just couldn't get ahead.

Last night as I was driving back from Michigan from a friends wedding, I had a dawning of realization. "Its not about you."
While the issues did focus around me, for some reason God had a plan and a purpose. The verse that kept coming to my mind was Isaiah 55:8 where it says, ""For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD."

How many times do we think that Gods way should be our way. We complain that God isn't working everything out for our good.

The fact is that God doesn't have to stoop to our whims. It is that simple. Life isn't about us. Its about Him.

I don't know why Elissa and I had such a financially and emotionally draining month, but I know that for some reason it is for God's glory.

Living the radical life is about waiting on God and allowing him to work and orchestrate life, and realizing that even the bad things happen for a purpose. Only when we embrace that thought can we truly live a Radical Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Discussion will be permitted but personal attacks will most likely be deleted. Thank you for your response!