Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Disclaimer: Ironic as I hate disclaimers. . . . . .

I felt that this was necessary in light of a previous post that got some folks riled up.

This blog is a blog. Blogs as blogs go are peoples opinions, just as books are the way authors share opinions, and orators share their opinions via vocal communication.

This blog is MY own personal opinion. The opinions expressed in this blog are not necessarily the opinions of anyone I know or associate with but yet at the same time the folks I associate with may agree with them and support them. Nevertheless, these are my opinions.

My opinions expressed herein are based on hours of studying Gods word, and pondering its application to my life.

I tend to write this blog with an authoritative tone, but that is not because I have figured it out, or have the corner on truth, but because I am expressing my opinion as God has revealed His word to me personally. This leaves way for you to have your personal assumptions and me to have mine. That also means that if you and I disagree, on a non-sin issue, I have no room to judge you, and you have no room to judge me either.

Furthermore this lays a large burden on YOU the reader. As with anything you read or hear, you cannot base it solely on the perceived character of the person expressing his view. You must compare what he has to say with God's word and go from there.

My intent of this Blog is not to be the Holy Spirit, but to share how God is moulding me more and more like His Son. As I said before, my opinions won't always be right, but I will always base my opinions on Scripture, and would expect that if you differ from my opinion that your opinions also be based on Scripture not cultural norms, ecclesiastical, or familial expectations.

My only desire is to share with you what God has laid on my heart. There will be times where you don't agree and that is fine. There will be times when we do agree. That's great! But all that said, this blog is my opinion of how God expects me to live. If this Blog can benefit you, I ask you to read it. If you don't care for it, don't waste your time, and I won't waste yours.

The Radical Life is about sharing what God has laid on your heart, not tiptoeing around sensitive issues. As Christians we must be bold, and willing to share what God has shown us, ensuring that we don't play the role of the Holy Spirit. It isn't our job. Allowing God to do what He does, is a critical part of living the Radical Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Discussion will be permitted but personal attacks will most likely be deleted. Thank you for your response!